So far so good, I believe you have decided on the niche/s that you want to handle, particularly when it comes to freelance writing. Now you need to find clients for your expertise. There are many ways through which you can identify and reach your clients and vice versa.
The best and most conventional method is searching for genuine online writing sites through which you can market your skills. You will be required to set up a profile highlighting your skills, experience, academic qualification, terms and rate of payment etc.
As mentioned, there are hundreds of websites and platforms offering a wide range of writing jobs.
Such job may include:
- Content writing,
- Technical writing
- Academic writing,
- Web design and upgrading,
- SEO article writing and editing,
- Text editing,
- Essay writing,
- Document editing etc.
I must caution you however that there are as many fake online freelance writing sites as there are genuine ones. You therefore need some pointers especially if you are a beginner, otherwise you may end up losing all your hard earned cash or waste a good deal of your time and skills.
Qualities of a genuine online writing site
- A genuine online writing site should have more positive and minimum or no negative reviews. You can find out by typing the name of the site, say “X”, followed by “review” (so it will be “X reviews”) to find out what people are saying about that particular site. For example iWriter.com review
- Should have an avenue through which you can market your skills, e.g. academic and experience profile
- Should be well known with a verifiable proof of previous transactions having succeeded.
- Should have a user friendly interface and easy to access
- Should be secure with all the required authentication and authorizations means
- Most genuine online writing sites will have a widely acceptable means of payment such as papal, moneybookers, Bank Transfer, Debit Card, Electronic Check, alertpay and many more.
- Should be consistent i.e. should offer regular jobs to writers
- Should have a reasonable rate of payment per article. Typically, $4 to $15 per 500-word article is good enough.
- Should have a means by which both clients and writers/workers can rate each other to improve on quality and performance.
- Should be free and easy to join
- Should release payments on time, at least twice a month.
- A genuine online writing site should also keep its terms of service and privacy policies clear to its clients and workers.
- Avoid those sites that promise overnight riches, those that promise unreasonably high rates of payment, > $50 per 500-word article for example, you know them?
- Keep off from sites with negative reviews, they are a disaster.
Am pretty sure you’ve had some nasty experiences with some sites in the quest to search for genuine online writing sites. Don’t worry, you aren’t alone, me too! I have learned a lot since then and am sure you may also want to find out some of these genuine online writing sites that can earn up to $20 per article. Stay tuned!
In the meantime, feel free to drop your comment, query or opinion bellow and share your experiences and new findings about online freelance sites and platforms.